Saturday, March 24, 2007

All About Insurance

Welcome To My Blog

This is my 1st posting. I intend to use this as my plateform to share and learn all about insurance. Be it life or general insurance. This will also serves as a 2-way communication vehicle between me and my valued clients. It will be speedier for me to disseminate the latest news from the insurance organisation that I represent viz. NTUC INCOME. Naturally, any comments and feedback from readers will be most welcome.
For the start, I just wanted to to say a few words. What exactly is "Insurance". To my knowledge, Insurance is an arrangement by which one party [the Insurer] promises to pay another party [the insured or policyholder] sum of money if something should happen which causes the insured to suffer a financial loss. The responsibility for paying such losses is then transferred from the policyholder to the insurer. In return for accepting the burden of paying for losses when they occur, the insurer charges the insured a price, commonly known as "insurance premium"

No comments: